Hello and welcome to the show.
大家好,欢迎收看本期节目。
I'm Coy Wire.
我是科伊·怀尔。
It is Wednesday, March 25th.
今天是3月25日,星期三。
It is also Your Word Wednesday here on CNN 10.
今天也是CNN 10的“你的单词星期三”栏目。
So listen up, see if the vocabulary word that you submitted helped us write today's show.
所以请听好,看看你提交的词汇是否帮助我们编写了今天的节目。
Let's get to it.
我们开始吧。
We begin with the ongoing chaos at airport security lines across the United States this week, mostly a result of the partial government shutdown, which is now in its second month.
本周我们先从美国各地机场安检队伍持续混乱的情况说起,这主要是政府部分停摆造成的,目前停摆已进入第二个月。
As of this taping, lawmakers are still working towards a funding deal to reopen the Department of Homeland Security.
截至本节目录制时,立法者仍在努力达成一项拨款协议,以让国土安全部重新开门。
The issue at the center of the shutdown, and it's causing extreme delays and frustration at some of the country's busiest airports.
这是此次停摆的核心问题,它在美国一些最繁忙的机场造成了极度的延误和困扰。
At Houston's George Bush Intercontinental Airport, travelers have faced long lines at all hours of the day with warnings that wait times could exceed four hours.
在休斯顿的乔治·布什洲际机场,旅客们全天都面临着排长队的情况,有警告称等待时间可能超过四小时。
At Atlanta's Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport, the busiest airport in the world by passenger volume, lines snake through baggage claim all the way outside at times.
在亚特兰大的哈茨菲尔德-杰克逊国际机场,这是全球客运量最繁忙的机场,队伍蜿蜒穿过行李提取区,有时一直排到室外。
Officials stopped posting wait times because lines were too long for computer systems to track.
官员们停止了公布等待时间,因为队伍太长,计算机系统无法追踪。
This is insane.
这太疯狂了。
We didn't think it was going to be this bad.
我们没想到情况会这么糟。
I got there three hours early and I made it to my gate like 20 minutes before they were boarding.
我提前三个小时到了那里,结果在登机前大约20分钟才赶到登机口。
It was bad.
情况很糟糕。
The delays are largely due to a growing number of Transportation Security Administration, or TSA, officers calling off.
延误主要是由于越来越多的运输安全管理局工作人员请假造成的。
They haven't been paid in more than a month and many say they needed to find part-time jobs.
他们已经一个多月没领到工资了,许多人表示需要找兼职工作。
DHS says more than 450 officers have quit since the shutdown began.
国土安全部表示,自停摆开始以来,已有超过450名员工辞职。
Many have continued working without pay, some relying on things like food banks to get by.
许多人继续无薪工作,有些人依靠食物银行等维持生计。
My son usually goes to spring break camps and I can't afford that right now because I mean there's no money coming in and it's just I don't know what to do anymore.
我儿子通常去春令营,但现在我付不起钱了,因为根本没有收入,我真的不知道该怎么办了。
There's no babysitter.
也没有保姆。
I'm up to my last like almost $100.
我身上就剩下最后差不多100美元了。
On Monday, the federal government deployed Immigration and Customs Enforcement, or ICE, agents to some of the hardest-hit airports.
周一,联邦政府向一些受影响最严重的机场部署了移民和海关执法局的特工。
ICE agents are considered essential employees and are paid during shutdowns.
移民和海关执法局的特工被视为必要雇员,在政府停摆期间仍能拿到工资。
Officials say more could be deployed this week to support TSA with things like crowd control.
官员表示,本周可能会部署更多人员,在人群控制等方面支援运输安全管理局。
This is about helping TSA do their mission and get the American public through that airport as quick as they can while adhering to all the security guidelines.
这是为了帮助运输安全管理局完成其使命,让美国公众在遵守所有安全准则的前提下尽快通过机场。
Some critics, including TSA workers, appear skeptical that the move will help improve an already untenable situation.
一些批评者,包括运输安全管理局的工作人员,似乎对这一举措能否帮助改善已经难以维系的局面持怀疑态度。
I don't believe that they're trained in a way that they can help us.
我不相信他们接受的培训能让他们帮上忙。
Since I've been here, I've seen them outside standing around.
自从我来到这里,我就看到他们在外面站着,无所事事。
I don't know if they are doing anything, I don't know.
我不知道他们是否在做任何事,我不知道。
I guess the question that now has to be asked is, is this going to be the new norm?
我想现在必须提出的问题是,这将成为新常态吗?
Is every weekend going to be a five, six hour wait at the checkpoints to get on your flight, if you can even make it?
是不是每个周末都要在安检点排队五六个小时才能登机,如果你还能赶上航班的话?
I do say that I think they should just fund the Department of Homeland Security, pay those workers.
我确实认为他们应该给国土安全部拨款,给那些工作人员发工资。
They're here for a reason.
他们在这里是有原因的。
They protect us every day.
他们每天都在保护我们。
I don't think ICE agents should really be up there just filling in the hole.
我认为移民和海关执法局的特工不应该只是在那里填补空缺。
Pop quiz, hot shot.
突击测验,各位高手。
Which layer of the atmosphere contains the oxygen and nitrogen humans and animals use to breathe?
大气层的哪一层含有人类和动物呼吸所需的氧气和氮气?
Troposphere, mesosphere, thermosphere, or stratosphere?
是对流层、中间层、热层还是平流层?
If you said troposphere, you're a breath of fresh air.
如果你回答是对流层,那你真是让人耳目一新。
The stratosphere protects our planet from harmful UV rays, but pollutants like vehicle emissions and burning fossil fuel can damage both layers of our atmosphere.
平流层保护我们的星球免受有害紫外线的伤害,但汽车尾气和化石燃料燃烧等污染物会对大气层的这两个层面造成损害。
A newly released global study is sounding the alarm on the global rise in air pollution in certain cities.
一项最新发布的全球研究对某些城市空气污染在全球范围内的上升发出了警报。
The report from IQ Air analyzes air pollution data from 9,500 cities in 143 countries, with a 23% jump In unhealthy air particles, the report ranks Loni, India as the most polluted city on the planet, likely driven by dust storms, seasonal smog, industrial emissions and crop burning.
IQ Air的报告分析了来自143个国家9500个城市的空气污染数据,报告显示,不健康的空气颗粒物增加了23%,报告将印度的洛尼列为全球污染最严重的城市,这可能是由沙尘暴、季节性雾霾、工业排放和秸秆焚烧造成的。
Only about 14 percent of cities worldwide met the World Health Organization's air quality guidelines in 2025, down from 17 percent the year before.
2025年,全球只有约14%的城市达到了世界卫生组织的空气质量指南标准,低于前一年的17%。
But the good news is there are plenty of cities and countries taking care of the air up there.
但好消息是,有很多城市和国家正在努力保护我们头顶的空气。
According to NOAA and NASA, scientists say the hole in the ozone layer is shrinking.
根据美国国家海洋和大气管理局以及美国宇航局的消息,科学家表示臭氧层空洞正在缩小。
Last year it was the fifth smallest since 1992.
去年它是自1992年以来的第五小。
A survey of largely unexplored limestone caves in northwestern Cambodia has just uncovered a range of new species.
对柬埔寨西北部大部分未经勘探的石灰岩洞穴进行的一项调查刚刚发现了一系列新物种。
They include a turquoise pit viper, a flying snake, several geckos, two micro snails and two millipedes.
它们包括一种绿松石色的蝮蛇、一种飞蛇、几种壁虎、两种微型蜗牛和两种千足虫。
The conservation charity Fauna and Flora surveyed the region between November of 2023 and July of 2025.
保护慈善机构“动植物国际”在2023年11月至2025年7月期间对该地区进行了调查。
It explored 64 different caves across 10 hills.
他们勘探了横跨10座山丘的64个不同洞穴。
Our next musings take us to the museum with a behind-the-scenes look at the High Museum of Art in Atlanta.
接下来,我们带大家走进博物馆,幕后探访亚特兰大的高等艺术博物馆。
Turns out there are a lot of career paths available to those of us with an interest in art.
事实证明,对于我们这些对艺术感兴趣的人来说,有很多职业道路可供选择。
We got to explore one exhibit that blends fashion, creativity, and innovation and learn the different careers that bring big ideas from runways to museum floors.
我们得以探索一个融合了时尚、创意和创新的展览,并了解那些将宏大创意从T台带到博物馆展厅的不同职业。
Check it out.
一起来看看吧。
here at the High Museum in Atlanta, Georgia.
我们来到了佐治亚州亚特兰大的高等艺术博物馆。
If you love art, did you ever think about making a career out of it?
如果你热爱艺术,你是否曾想过将其作为职业?
Creativity isn't just in the art we see.
创造力不仅仅存在于我们看到的艺术中。
It's something some people do for a living.
对一些人来说,它是谋生的手段。
From bold fashion exhibitions to hands-on learning programs, a whole team works behind the scenes to make art meaningful for visitors of all ages.
从大胆的时装展览到实践学习项目,整个团队在幕后工作,让艺术对所有年龄段的参观者都具有意义。
One of their most eye-catching projects was the Victor and Rolf fashion exhibition, and we got to learn about the work behind the wow.
他们最引人注目的项目之一是维克多与罗夫时装展,我们有幸了解了这惊艳作品背后的工作。
they create these designs that are sculpture.
他们创造的这些设计本身就是雕塑。
So they push the edge and they're very theatrical.
所以他们挑战极限,非常具有戏剧性。
They're very unexpected upside down dresses and perforated things and things that a lot of people say to me, that's impossible to wear.
他们是出乎意料的,有颠倒的裙子、有孔洞的物件,很多人都对我说,这根本没法穿。
And I said, yeah, they want to challenge you to think about what fashion is and fashion as sculpture.
我说,是的,他们想挑战你思考什么是时尚,以及时尚作为雕塑的概念。
And that I think is a very big.
我认为这非常重要。
Part of what we wanted to convey here at the High is that, sure, fashion is art.
我们在高等艺术博物馆想要传达的部分信息是,是的,时尚是艺术。
Absolutely.
绝对是。
It's design, but it is also art.
它是设计,但它也是艺术。
And when you walk through these galleries, we wanted you to feel it was almost like a theatrical production or an opera from vision to fruition.
当你穿过这些展厅时,我们希望你能感觉到,从构想到实现,它几乎就像一出戏剧或歌剧。
Immediately begin working with our in-house exhibition designer and her team to envision what this is going to look like.
我们立即开始与内部的展览设计师和她的团队合作,构想出展览的最终效果。
What are the paint colors?
用什么颜色的油漆?
Where's the music going to be playing?
音乐将在哪里播放?
How do all of these sort of technological aspects, how are those integrated in the exhibition for our venue?
所有这些技术层面的东西,如何将它们整合到我们场馆的展览中?
Months of design, construction, and collaboration helped bring the international show from Munich to Atlanta, but exhibitions are only part of the museum's mission.
数月之久的设计、施工和合作,将这个国际展览从慕尼黑带到了亚特兰大,但展览只是博物馆使命的一部分。
I work in our learning and civic engagement department, and it's my job to try to make us a more thought-provoking institution.
我在学习和公民参与部门工作,我的职责是努力让博物馆成为一个更能引发思考的机构。
So my job is to research, to learn more about our visitors.
所以我的工作是研究,去更多地了解我们的参观者。
Her work focuses on how people, especially young visitors, connect with art.
她的工作重点是人们,尤其是年轻参观者,如何与艺术建立联系。
I'm so wowed by the personal connections these young people make with these works of art.
这些年轻人与这些艺术作品建立起的个人联系让我非常惊叹。
Because it's not so much about exactly what the artist wanted you to know, that intent, but it's what the artist made you feel.
因为这与其说是艺术家想让你确切知道什么,那种意图,不如说是艺术家让你感受到了什么。
And young people are so open, and so they make amazing connections.
年轻人是如此开放,所以他们能建立起惊人的联系。
I almost always learn something new when I talk to kids in front of art.
当我在艺术品前与孩子们交谈时,几乎总能学到新东西。
Just like these awesome students we ran into on a field trip.
就像我们在一次实地考察中遇到的这些很棒的学生一样。
Museums rely on many careers from educators to event planners to storytellers.
博物馆依赖多种职业,从教育工作者到活动策划者,再到故事讲述者。
It's a business, right?
这是一门生意,对吧?
So we need a chief of financial officer.
所以我们需要首席财务官。
We need accountants, right?
我们需要会计师,对吧?
We need people who are great at logistics and can help us manage a huge event.
我们需要擅长物流、能够帮助我们管理大型活动的人员。
People who raise money, people who know how to tell a great story.
需要筹款的人,需要知道如何讲述精彩故事的人。
We have a big PR and marketing department.
我们有一个庞大的公关和市场营销部门。
That's an important part of our business.
这是我们业务的重要组成部分。
So there's a lot of different kinds of jobs.
所以这里有很多不同类型的工作。
at an art museum.
在艺术博物馆里。
For chief curator Kevin Tucker, that career began with curiosity about how things are made.
对于首席策展人凯文·塔克来说,他的职业生涯始于对事物如何被创造的好奇心。
And even as technology evolves, Kevin says human creativity remains irreplaceable.
即便技术不断进步,凯文表示,人类的创造力仍然是不可替代的。
AI is just another tool in the toolbox.
人工智能只是工具箱中的又一个工具。
And I think it has to draw from existing bodies of creativity, existing bodies of work.
我认为它必须从现有的创造力、现有的作品中汲取养分。
But what I think is so very special about the individual's interaction with art and the creative process is just that.
但我认为个人与艺术以及创作过程的互动之所以如此特别,恰恰在于其独特性。
The individuality and the individual expression, I think, is always going to be conveyed by those works that are touched by individuals.
我认为,个性和个人表达,总是会通过那些被个人之手触及的作品来传达。
The museum's goal?
博物馆的目标是什么?
To leave visitors inspired to see the world in a new way.
让参观者受到启发,以新的方式看待世界。
What's the one thing you hope people take away from this exhibit?
你希望人们从这个展览中带走的收获是什么?
I'm going to say two, and that's excitement and curiosity.
我要说两点,那就是兴奋和好奇心。
And I think if you're curious, excitement follows.
我认为,如果你有好奇心,兴奋感就会随之而来。
That's one of those things, because you're discovering new things as you walk through the galleries.
这很重要,因为当你穿梭于展厅时,你会不断发现新事物。
And it's always been my hope that visitors walk away and go, you know what?
我一直希望参观者离开时会想,你知道吗?
I want more.
我还想要更多。
I want to know more about art.
我想了解更多关于艺术的知识。
And I want to be involved in that.
并且我想参与其中。
So if they walk away excited and curious, I'm happy.
所以,如果他们离开时带着兴奋和好奇,我就很开心了。
With today's story getting a 10 out of 10, a group of students from Bangor, Maine reaching for the stars literally.
今天获得满分的故事,来自缅因州班戈市的一群学生,他们真的在“伸手摘星”。
We're sending yeast to the stratosphere.
我们要把酵母送到平流层。
The science project called Yeast in the Stars will expose active baker's yeast to UV radiation and freezing temperatures and then measure the changes back on Earth.
这个名为“星辰中的酵母”的科学项目,将把活性面包酵母暴露在紫外辐射和冰点温度下,然后在地球上测量其变化。
It's all part of NASA's TechRise Student Challenge, a nationwide competition where students design real experiments for flights from high-altitude balloons to suborbital spacecraft.
这是美国宇航局TechRise学生挑战赛的一部分,这是一项全国性竞赛,学生们为从高空气球到亚轨道航天器的飞行设计真实的实验。
These students are one of 25 teams selected.
这些学生是入选的25支队伍之一。
I was super duper happy when I heard that our school won.
当我听说我们学校获胜时,我超级开心。
Students built the project themselves, learning skills like coating, soldering, and engineering along the way.
学生们自己动手搭建了这个项目,在此过程中学习了涂层、焊接和工程等技能。
We're learning how to solder, we're learning hands-on stuff.
我们正在学习如何焊接,学习动手操作的东西。
Wiring, they're learning a lot too.
布线,他们也在学习很多。
And mounting, it's amazing.
还有安装,太棒了。
The team presents its work to NASA in May, turning a classroom idea into a real mission in motion.
该团队将于五月向美国宇航局展示他们的成果,将一个课堂创意转化为一项真正的执行中的任务。
All right, superstars, we have a shout-out going to Miss Desjarnais at the Arts Bay School in Winston-Salem, North Carolina.
好了,各位明星,我们要向温斯顿-塞勒姆市艺术湾学校的德贾奈斯老师致意,位于北卡罗来纳州。
Thank you for making us part of your day.
感谢你们让我们成为你们生活的一部分。
Rise up.
加油。
Thanks to everyone subscribing and commenting on our socials and our CNN 10 YouTube channel.
感谢所有在我们的社交媒体和CNN 10 YouTube频道上订阅和评论的朋友们。
You make this the best 10 Minutes in News.
是你们成就了这最好的十分钟新闻。
And we would be remiss if we did not give a huge congratulations to our Your Word Wednesday winners.
如果我们不向“你的单词星期三”的获胜者表示热烈的祝贺,那就太失职了。
Mr. Galati's class at Acadia Middle School in Clifton Park, New York for submitting untenable, an adjective meaning unable to be defended, maintained, or justified against criticism.
来自纽约克利夫顿公园阿卡迪亚中学的加拉蒂先生的班级提交了“untenable”一词,这是一个形容词,意为无法辩护、无法维持或无法证明其合理性。
Thank you for increasing our vocab today.
感谢你们今天增加了我们的词汇量。
I'll see you tomorrow, everyone.
我们明天见,各位。
I'm Coy Wire, and we are CNN 10.
我是科伊·怀尔,这里是CNN 10。


还没有评论,来说两句吧...